Our Association is actively involved in a variety
of programs that benefit the fish and game resources of the Comox
Valley. These include:
of a Coho Hatchery in partnership with DFO to re-stock the Trent
- Assistance to the Ministry of Land, Water and
Air Protection to monitor fish stocks in local lakes.
- Undertake habitat restoration projects in
local streams, including Arden and Morrison Creek.
- Assist MLWAP to trap and relocate Roosevelt
elk to various locations on Vancouver island for elk reintroduction
- Conduct Wilderness Watch monitoring in a large
area of the outdoors in the Comox valley.
- An active partner with Ducks Unlimited in
their wetlands acquisition program in the Comox Valley.
In addition our members are active
participants in local and regional committees such as :
- British Columbia Wildlife Federation Region 1.
- Puntledge River Restoration Committee.
- BC Hydro Puntledge River Water Use Committee.
- Comox Valley Sportsfish Advisory Committee.
- South Coast Steelhead Coalition.
- Comox Valley Environmental Committee.
The Conservation Committee meets every 3rd Monday of the month at 7PM
in downstairs meeting room at the hall. Any member is welcome to attend.
Call Wayne White @ 250-338-6964 for info.
or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org